Storyteller_writer_editor_content- Going to School (2 - 11 yrs.)
Going to school
Contact Person : HR
Email : email@example.com
2 - 11 Years
Annual Salary (INR) :
0 (Min) - 0 (Max)
Job Location :
New Delhi, Delhi / NCR - 110048, India
Language Required :
Publish / Print / Pack
Creative Areas :
Job Type :
Total Vacancies :
Job Description :
Storyteller, writer, editor, content @ Going to School
Write, research, listen to children, travel, design, print, offline, online
We are delighted announce the opening of several positions for storytellers, writers, editors, content creators for children and young people, your role would be in spirit and action working across and with teams who are actioning projects for children: evaluation, content, publishing, social media and impact.
Going to School creates design-driven stories to teach children in government schools 21st Century Entrepreneurial Skills at school. In Delhi and Mumbai, we are a team of writers, researchers, designers, artists and content creators. We design stories, graphic novels, radio and television shows to teach children skills. In Bihar, we have a MoU to work in 2,500 secondary government schools teaching 250,000 kids in Grade 9 skills at school through stories, games and weekly action projects. www.goingtoschool.com
Location: New Delhi or Mumbai, with travel to Bihar and/or rural Maharashtra, Karnataka
- You are an exceptional writer and can share stories, articles, pieces, you’ve written in any form, print, online, offline, in your notebook, handwritten. You don’t need to have been pub-lished before, but we’d love to read what you’ve written.
- While you are insightful, profound in English, you are fluent and inspirational in Hindi and/or Marathi
- You like traveling and are up for going the distance if it’s rural Bihar or rural Maharashtra, for 10 days a month, no matter the season or weather :)
- Empathy drives your work, research, ability to listen to children, design tools to map skills, doc-ument what you’ve learned, turn your research into content to teach children 21st Century Skills through printed stories, games, online APPs and online portals.
- You are an excellent communicator, dedicated deeply and profoundly to listening to girls to understand what they’d like to know, learn, change. You do research yourself, which means you go meet girls wherever they are and listen, your research is offline in real time, it’s not online. That’s when you spend time with children. While in our offices in Delhi and Mumbai, that’s not where we have programs with children, so that’s where you’re a writer, designer, content creator, working with the design team to make what you saw come true, writing sto-ries, reports and sharing what you’ve learned through social media portals we have for kids.
- Design-thinking. Human centred design. Yes!
- Feminist economics. Love that.
Candidate Profile :
- A degree in or experience working in the fields of Writing, Literature, Publishing, Anthropology, Design, Mass-Communications, Journalism, Women’s Studies, Culture Studies, Feminist Studies, Child Development.
- Work experience of three years
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation skills in Hindi and English
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, report writing, time management and team building skills.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
If this sounds like you please send us
- three samples of your writing, work, projects, links to your work online if it’s there
- send us your own mission statement in 140 characters
- a short-story in one paragraph about a girl who discovers design-thinking somewhere she least expected it
- a social media post, blurb, about the story you write.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Company Profile :
Going to school
Login to Apply >>
Save this Job
Refer to Friend